[plt-scheme] Standard ML in PLT Scheme

From: Tomi Neste (tomi.neste at netikka.fi)
Date: Thu Dec 20 10:38:36 EST 2007

Matthias Felleisen <matthias at ccs.neu.edu> kirjoitti Thu, 20 Dec 2007
17:26:37 +0200:

> Nice. Could you demonstrate how SML and Scheme modules/units can
> import/export from each other? -- Matthias
>

> On Dec 20, 2007, at 9:32 AM, Chongkai Zhu wrote:
>
>> We are pleased to announce the first public release of Standard ML in
>> DrScheme. The objective of this project is to provide a development
>> environment that the user can easily write a project partly in SML and
>> partly in Scheme.
>>
>> For more information, installation instructions, and sample please
>> check out the project web site:
>>
>>  http://www.cs.utah.edu/~czhu/sml.htm
>>
>> All comments, suggestions for enhancements, bug reports, etc. are
>> welcome!
>>
>> Cheers,
>> Chongkai Zhu

I would be interested in knowing if PLT Scheme has any infrastructure for
generating more efficient code from statically typed languages like this?
Or any plans for supporting it?
Possibility to write speed critical code in ML or typed Scheme and freely
mix these environments would be a huge benefit for many kinds of
applications.

--
tomppa