[plt-scheme] Can't run Dr. Scheme

From: sasuke (database666 at gmail.com)
Date: Mon Dec 10 09:58:41 EST 2007

On Dec 10, 5:52 pm, "Robby Findler" <ro... at cs.uchicago.edu> wrote:
> On Dec 9, 2007 3:46 AM, sasuke <database... at gmail.com> wrote:> If this is an issue, won't the creators of Dr. Scheme
> > do anything about it i.e. is there no solution?
>
> We would love to, but none of our Windows machines exhibit this
> behavior and we're not sure what is going on or how to proceed (except
> possibly buying a copy of the variety of Windows you have).
>
> Robby

Yes Robby, I can understand that this is a weird bug and it doesn't
make sense for you to buy a copy of some windows distribution. I was
surprised this didn't work because on the website it says "anything
above windows 95", so I assumed there must be a solution to this
problem. Thanks for the concern.

Jens Axel Soegaard wrote:
> Just making sure: By "latest distribution" you PLT Scheme
> version 371?
>
> Have you tried uninstalling, redownloading version 371, and
> reinstalling?
>
> --
> Jens Axel S�gaard

Yes, by latest version I mean 371. I tired redownloading the software
but to no avail. I even downloaded a lower version thinking that this
would be a bug in the current version but still the same problem. I
guess I SOL here.

I would still like to hear if any of you have some suggestions I could
try out.

Regards,
sasuke.

Posted on the users mailing list.