[plt-scheme] Highlighting parentheses.

From: Benjamin L. Russell (dekudekuplex at yahoo.com)
Date: Tue Dec 4 20:42:51 EST 2007

All of the seasonal varieties (pardon me for chiming
in late) are beautiful, but if I may add a suggestion
for the spring version, perhaps it may be easier to
see if the following modifications were made:

* Focus the color scheme exclusively on green (without
using yellow).

* Start with a darker shade of green for the
top-level, and perhaps use a shade of yellow (gold,
ideally, if possible) that is easy on the eyes for the
text, as opposed to the background.

Also, a version of this color scheme with black
instead of yellow/gold for the text might be
appropriately named the "greenback-parens" version,
because of its resemblance to greenbacks.  I used to
customize my Emacs when back in college to this color
scheme, with gold for the title bars.  The combination
of black text, a forest green background, and metallic
gold title bars made me feel like I was in a bank with
gold bars on display in the spring.

Just my two cents....

Benjamin L. Russell

http://people.cs.uchicago.edu/~robby/tmp/fall-parens.png