[plt-scheme] The role of macros in solving this little problem

From: Grant Rettke (grettke at acm.org)
Date: Thu Aug 30 21:52:39 EDT 2007

This is a simple almost trivial problem, and I am wondering what would
be considered to be a "normal solution" in Scheme.

I would like to write my resume in a single format and generate flat
text, html, and latex from it.

In Java, Ruby or .NET one would use XML (or some equivalent like YML)
and some sort of a transformer to generate the destination text (one
may even use objects). In Scheme you could follow any of those
approaches.

One could also write macros, and then write the resume like this.

(resume
   (work-entry
       (company "C")
       (responsibilities
	(entry "e1")
	(entry "e2"))))

Is that typical? Is that a typical way to approach this?

Posted on the users mailing list.