[plt-scheme] Errors in v371

From: Eli Barzilay (eli at barzilay.org)
Date: Fri Aug 24 20:18:53 EDT 2007

On Aug 24, Todd O'Bryan wrote:

> On a tangent, having nice .debs was wonderful. Any help I or my more
> talented minions could offer to help make creating .deb files from
> the source distribution more automatic so that they'd again be
> available when new versions are released?

Sure.  I'd love to have packages in formats that are more convenient
for such platforms -- but I don't know much about them.  (The .sh
installers should be very convenient -- they will even generate an
uninstall script that removes everything, and if you do a "unix-style"
installation that an existing uninstaller is found and used.  But I
know that a native distribution package is more cooperative with other
package tools.)

If you want .deb packages (and if anyone wants anything else), give me
instructions for creating one.  The PLT distributions are first packed
as tgz archives (at http://pre.plt-scheme.org/pre-installers/), and
these archives are then packaged up in various installer formats.  So
the instructions I need are for taking such a .tgz and making a .deb
from it.