[plt-scheme] Extending

From: Grant Rettke (grettke at acm.org)
Date: Fri Aug 24 10:41:17 EDT 2007

On 8/24/07, Matthias Felleisen <matthias at ccs.neu.edu> wrote:
> A similar effort at Harvard showed one thing: unless
> students were told explicitly to use a debugger and
> the repl, they wouldn't do it. Otherwise they couldn't
> establish any valid conclusion. (Still, they really
> hated this conclusion so the effort was 'improved'.)

I bet that resonates with most folks experience.

As students, it is the teachers responsibility to tell them about the
things for which they should care (initially at the very least);
without necessarily knowing why they should care. In other words
"Learn about this, apply this, it is good".

As developers it is our responsibility to read the user manual to find
out what our tools provide.

Once you learn about, as a student, remote debuggers for example; you
will certainly be interested to learn about whether your current
language supports them!

Posted on the users mailing list.