[plt-scheme] Extending

From: Matt Jadud (jadudm at gmail.com)
Date: Thu Aug 23 22:54:12 EDT 2007

On 8/23/07, Robby Findler <robby at cs.uchicago.edu> wrote:
> I see. You might want to check out the way logging is done. Sounds
> close to what you need.

Possibly; I'll take a look. I have a server that we use for our data
collection already; it's an XML-RPC server that uses Snooze for data
persistence. The big reason for that is so that the structure of the
incoming data can be defined by the client, and then table
creation/storage happens automagically on the server. As I'm piloting,
I can then easily extend the data collection with new fields without
having to touch the server-side.

So, my intention was mostly to:

1. Intercept the critical events I was interested in
2. Capture the definitions window
3. Fire off a thread that does the insert (or not, and fail silently
if it can't reach the server), and
4. Continue with the expected action (ie "Run")

I'll have a look re: logging tomorrow.

Cheers,