[plt-scheme] Re: plt-scheme Digest, Vol 24, Issue 29

From: geb a (geb_a at yahoo.com)
Date: Fri Aug 10 12:56:38 EDT 2007

Hi

I'm trying to do the quick start on the handin server.

The error I am receiving is :
handin-connect: could not connect to the server
(localhost:7979)

Can anyone give me an idea of where I might be going
wrong?

 I've completed the following steps.

 1.  Create a new directory.

 2.  Copy "server-cert.pem" from the "handin-client"
collection
     to the new directory.
       NOTE: for real use, you need a new certificate.
       NOTE: see also "Where is the collection?",
below

 3.  Copy "private-key.pem" from the "handin-server"
collection
     to the new directory.
       NOTE: for real use, you need a new key.

 4.  Create a file "users.ss" with the following
content:
       ((tester ("8fe4c11451281c094a6578e6ddbf5eed")))

 5.  Make a "test" subdirectory in your new directory.

 6.  Create a file "config.ss" with the following
content:
       ((active-dirs ("test")))

 7.  In your new directory, run
        mred -mvqM handin-server

 8.  In the "handin-client" collection, edit "info.ss"
and
     uncomment the line
        (define server:port "localhost:7979")
     and the lines that define `tools', `tool-names',
and
     `tool-icons'.

 9. Run `setup-plt -l handin-client' (on Windows, the
executable is
    "Setup PLT", and you don't have to supply the
command line
    arguments).