[plt-scheme] Check syntax features?

From: Matthias Felleisen (matthias at ccs.neu.edu)
Date: Fri Aug 10 09:45:55 EDT 2007

On Aug 10, 2007, at 8:35 AM, Grant Rettke wrote:

> Hi everyone,
>
> How does one best utilize the syntax checker?
>
> Or another way to phrase this is in what scenarios do you utilize
> the tool?

I use it for two things:

1. renaming variables

2. chasing down the location of a definition, across module
boundaries, especially when I am suspicious of their behavior.

In a teaching situation,

3. I also explain the concept of binding with arrows.

;; ---

I recently proposed a drscheme contribution on the mailing list here
concerning additional refactorings, lifting out closed definitions to
be precise. You would use the underlying machinery for that.

-- Matthias

> For refactoring? Exploring code?
>
> What do each of the popups mean when you right click on an object?
>
> Are those listed in the documentation? I searched for Jump to and
> Rename, but those didn't come up with anything.

Posted on the users mailing list.