[plt-scheme] Ambiguous grammar at bottom of 6.3 of PLT MzLIB

From: Kyle Smith (airfoil at bellsouth.net)
Date: Mon Apr 30 18:22:15 EDT 2007

Hello all,

I found this at the bottom of 6.3 of the PLT MzLib: Libraries Manual:

 (define/public (header . formals) expr)
=expands=>
 (begin
  (public name)
  (define (header . formals) expr))

As you can see the expansion involves the creation of a name
out of thin air; so this has to be a documentation bug.   I've
tried to infer what it might be that the author actually meant
to write, but I get syntax errors no matter how I've arranged
things any time I add that decimal point in between what is
being called the header and the formals.  In short, I just don't
get it.  Has anyone used this syntax successfully?

--kyle

Kyle Smith
airfoil at bellsouth dot com
schemekeys.blogspot.com