[plt-scheme] class.ss questions (newb)

From: Matthias Felleisen (matthias at ccs.neu.edu)
Date: Sat Apr 28 10:02:25 EDT 2007

On Apr 28, 2007, at 9:28 AM, Cyprien Nicolas wrote:

> Hm, this sounds like a strange design. (I assume you mean Manuel's
> Skribe.) -- Matthias
>
> Yes, but now he can no longer maintain Skribe, the current
> development is frozen since a year and a half. Then, as Skribe is
> under GPL, I am making my own copy and then try to make a portage
> for mzscheme, as I learned Scheme with DrScheme, and to extends the
> processor to manage xhtml.
> Does it matter ?

If I were to port such a thing, I'd seriously consider eliminating
design flaws. In my last N years of programming, I don't think I have
copied once. Copy always smells of something strange. Better to
eliminate while you recover design information and fix it before it
bites you later.

Keep asking. Perhaps we can turn this into a neat experiment -- Matthias

Posted on the users mailing list.