[plt-scheme] serial port settings

From: Richard Cleis (rcleis at mac.com)
Date: Sat Apr 28 05:03:57 EDT 2007

I was asking you if 'portably' means 'without using an extension.'  I
wrote a serial port extension because I wanted to learn to make one,
but I am not certain that it was necessary since I didn't ask anyone
if something were available.  With very few changes, another person
in our group ported it to Windows and Linux (from OS X, PPC).

The FFI route may make more sense, but I have never done that.  If I
thought anyone were interested, I'd have cleaned up the C extension
and posted it (which I don't know how to do, either.)  Are you
interested?

rac