[plt-scheme] web-server and load-configuration-sexpr

From: Jens Axel Søgaard (jensaxel at soegaard.net)
Date: Thu Apr 26 15:46:31 EDT 2007

Aycan iRiCAN skrev:
> Jens Axel Søgaard <jensaxel at soegaard.net> writes:
>
>> Hi Aycan,
>>
>>> I want to use "load-configuration-sexpr". Could you please give an
>>> example?
>>>
>>> Basically I have a default-host and a couple of virtual hosts. Besides
>>> I want to attach a module to servlets namespaces.
>> Just to make sure, I am on the right page. What are you trying to do
>> exactly?  I believe it is rather seldom anyone needs to use
>> load-configuration-sxexpr. Normally you'd just edit the configuration
>> file - or use the web interface.
>
> Thanks for the reply Jens,
>
> I'm trying to reuse a servlet in multiple virtual hosts. Let me
> explain more:
>
> I have written a simple file editor servlet (or a wiki with no markup
> and entries mapped onto filesystem) which operates on a predefined
> root path. It shows the list of files and directories and then you can
> browse through the directories, view files, create new files etc...

Interesting.

> I want to reuse this servlet in each of my virtual hosts and I want
> this servlet to operate on each virtual host's host-root path (besides
> "the host-root of the current virtual host" is another question for a
> servlet writer). The worst case, I can copy the editor servlet into
> each of the virtual hosts servlet folder and edit the path by
> hand. But there would be more modular solutions which I couldn't find
> yet.

Okay, that makes sense.

A while I thought you coulds use the PLaneT system:

   With the planet command line tool, you can associate a directory
   with a owner+package+major version+minor version.

But then I realized, you'd still need "dummy servlets" in each
directory.

The best example of dynamic configurations, I know, is Noel's
instaweb:

<http://planet.plt-scheme.org/package-source/schematics/instaweb.plt/1/6/instaweb.ss>
<http://planet.plt-scheme.org/package-source/schematics/instaweb.plt/1/6/doc.txt>

--