[plt-scheme] question about creating an executable under Windows using Allegro

From: Alex Mitchell (alexm at nus.edu.sg)
Date: Wed Apr 25 00:59:42 EDT 2007

I've been using Jon Rafkind's Allegro implementation under Dr. Scheme on Windows to create a simple implementation of Logo's turtle graphics. Unfortunately, when I try to create and run an executable, I have problems running the executable.

Just in case I was doing something strange in my code, I tried creating an executable from the first example from the Allegro Scheme documentation. It runs fine within Dr. Scheme, and it also compiles fine, but when I run the .exe from Windows I get the following error:

require: unknown module: #%foreign

 === context ===
c:\program files\plt\collects\mred\private\snipfile.ss:192:10

[Exited]

I wrote to Jon, who suggested that the error was related to not being able to import the FFI collection which Allegro uses to talk to the C library. Has anybody come across similar problems in the past?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

thanks!
Alex Mitchell

Posted on the users mailing list.