[plt-scheme] Servlet communication

From: Jay McCarthy (jay.mccarthy at gmail.com)
Date: Mon Apr 23 08:34:25 EDT 2007

Here's a simple example:

(module count mzscheme
 (require (lib "servlet.ss" "web-server"))
 (provide (all-defined))
 (define interface-version 'v1)
 (define timeout 60)
 (define count (box 0))
 (define (start _)
  (set-box! count (add1 (unbox count))
  `(html (head (title "Example"))
           (body (p "This servlet has been viewed " ,(number->string
(unbox count)) " times.")))))

You can use imperative features of the language to store things.
Similarly, you could write:

(define queue (make-kill-safe-message-queue))

etc.

There's nothing special you need to do because you are writing a servlet.

Jay

nb. This is sharing between servlet instances, sharing between
servlets (i.e. a.ss and b.ss) is more complicated.

--
Jay McCarthy <jay.mccarthy at gmail.com>
http://jay.teammccarthy.org