[plt-scheme] Current library collection paths and Check Syntax

From: jos koot (jos.koot at telefonica.net)
Date: Thu Apr 19 12:01:10 EDT 2007

----- Original Message -----
  From: Matthew Flatt
  To: jos koot
  Cc: PLT-list
  Sent: Wednesday, April 18, 2007 12:51 PM
  Subject: Re: [plt-scheme] Current library collection paths and Check Syntax

  At Wed, 18 Apr 2007 11:51:13 +0200, "jos koot" wrote:
  > snap
  > (module runs-well-but-does-not-pass-syntax-check mzscheme
  >  (begin-for-syntax
  >   (current-library-collection-paths
  >    (cons
  >     "c:/scheme/kcollects"
  >     (current-library-collection-paths))))
  >  (require (lib "for.ss" "for")) ; from c:/scheme/kcollects/for/for.ss
  >  (for ((i 1 3)) (printf "~s~n" i)))
  > May be I am doing a nasty thing
  Definitely, yes. :)
  snap
  Matthew
Hi Matthew,
Thanks for your stimulus that made me revise my code.
It no longer contains any current-library-collection-paths calls.
After more accurate reading of the MzScheme Language Manual, I found that a module name consisting of a string only (without a
keyword like file or lib) does exactly what I want: the relative path of the source code file is prefixed. And it also sees the
existence of non outdated compiled files. Perfect. My nasty code was the result of trying the same thing with (require (lib x)).
Thanks again, Jos Koot