[plt-scheme] MrEd Graphics Questions

From: Williams, M. Douglas (M.DOUGLAS.WILLIAMS at saic.com)
Date: Sun Apr 15 09:51:05 EDT 2007

Matthew Flatt wrote:

>That was it, thanks.  I'd used rsync to copy over the svn tree from
>Mac to Ubuntu.  I thought I'd deleted the old source tree on the
>Ubuntu side first, but I had only deleted /usr/local/plt.  My build
>and install on AMD64 / Ubuntu 6.10 now succeed.
>
>When running 369.8-svn6apr2007 [3m] in Graphical language, I don't
>get the undefined __stack_chk_fail_local symbol that Doug Williams
>and you saw.  I built DrScheme with --enable-shared.

Matthew, the undefined __stack_chk_fail_local error only occurs if you try using the PLoT package.  That is the only place I've seen the problem.  You can try the demos in the collects directory.  I'm using Ubuntu 6.10.  I get the same error on both Ubuntu and Kubuntu both running native and under VMWare under windows.

>From your second paragraph, I'm not sure if you were saying you didn't our problem at all using the distributed 369.8 or one you had built separately.

Doug