[plt-scheme] complile-file and debugging

From: Robby Findler (robby at cs.uchicago.edu)
Date: Tue Apr 10 15:46:51 EDT 2007

On 4/10/07, jos koot <jos.koot at telefonica.net> wrote:
> It would be convenient if DrScheme would open non single module files in a
> non module language, but there may be a problem which language and which
> settings to choose. Anyway, the little pop up menu at the left bottom allows
> quick adjustment of the language and its settings. Nice. It took me some
> time, but now I have the adopted the habit of dropping the cursor down left
> as though automatically.

Yes, indeed! That's the problem.

DrScheme will be storing some meta-data information in saved files for
the teaching languages in order to make them automatically open up in
the right language, but for other languages it is hard to make an
accurate guess, so drscheme just uses the preferences default (ie, the
last language you've explicitly picked).

Robby

Posted on the users mailing list.