[plt-scheme] What are the key user manuals/books to get the most out of PLT Scheme?

From: Jakub Piotr Cłapa (jpc at pld-linux.org)
Date: Sun Apr 1 14:01:39 EDT 2007

Grant Rettke wrote:
> Hi folks,
>
> What are the critical resources for getting started with PLT Scheme?
>
> Pretty new to Scheme, one of the first things that interested me is
> 'PLT MzScheme: Language Manual'.

I got into Scheme by reading /Scheme in Fixnum Days/ together with the
R^5RS standard. The first one lacked some introduction to the language
constructs but provided some really good examples. Then came the
/MzScheme: Language Manual/ (it mentions only the differences from R^5RS
so it's not sufficient alone) and tons of really cool articles from the
PLT guys behind Mz. (especially the macro ones)

/Programming Languages: Application and Interpretation/ by Shriram also
looks really nice to me. I have only read the macros part but it blown
my mind. :P

Of course writing some useful software is also quite enlightening. I
started (however that probably wasn't the wisest choice) by wrapping
libusb with the FFI and writing an AVR programmer.

--
regards,
Jakub Piotr Cłapa