[plt-scheme] Bad keybinding behaviour in DrScheme

From: Bill Clementson (billclem at gmail.com)
Date: Mon Sep 25 14:42:37 EDT 2006

Hi all,

I'm running DrScheme on a PowerBook G4 with OS X 10.4.7.

I haven't used DrScheme in a while and recently upgraded from v301 to
v352 in order to try out some new Planet packages. However, after
upgrading, I found that command keybindings no longer worked on my
PowerBook in DrScheme. For example, pressing Cmd-v no longers pastes
text in either the editor or the repl nor does C-e move to the end of
a line (instead, in all cases, a "?" is printed).

After a bit of experimentation, I found that the problem only occurs
when I am using "Canadian" as the Input Source. If I change the Input
Source to "U.S.", the keys work properly. I went back to the v301
DrScheme app file and tried that (just to make certain that it wasn't
always this way as I had used "U.S." as the Input Source in the past),
and v301 works fine with either an input source of "Canadian" or an
Input Source of "U.S.", so this seems to be a bug that has been
recently introduced.

--
Bill Clementson