[plt-scheme] CPU-Hogging, memory-eating web server?

From: Ittai Balaban (balaban at cs.nyu.edu)
Date: Sat Sep 23 21:22:22 EDT 2006

Hi.
I'm seeing something really strange with the web server, on 350, 352.1,
and 352.6 installations: I run the web server and do some simple things
like browsing the Defaults and servlets/configure.ss pages. Immediately
it starts to consume 100% cpu and memory usage climbs steadily (and
quickly) until I either kill it, or it dumps core, saying it has run out
of memory. The latter behavior happens only with the conservative GC.

I've tried this both on 3m and non-3m versions. I also have version 301
installed and it runs perfectly fine.

Hardware-wise, I'm been testing this on an AMD64 with lots of memory
running Ubuntu 6.10 beta, and on a relatively high-speed, 1Gb 32bit
Intel running FC4.

Any ideas?

Thanks
--