[plt-scheme] the "[" as a parenthis charactor

From: Carl Eastlund (cce at ccs.neu.edu)
Date: Fri Sep 22 14:24:52 EDT 2006

On 9/22/06, Corey Sweeney <corey.sweeney at gmail.com> wrote:
> I upgraded to drscheme 352, and ever since whenever i hit the "[" as a open
> parenthisis, I get "(".  Is this a intentional change to the system
> (probably implying that the "[" char is about to start being used for
> something other then parens).
>
> I also had to upgrade X11 to version 7.0 during my drscheme upgrade, so it's
> possible that something is screwed up with my keymaps.  (but it only happens
> in drscheme)

To turn this off open up the Preferences window, select the Editing
tab, select the Scheme subtab, and unselect "Automatically adjust
opening parens".  Then it will open '(' or '[' as you specify.  You
can leave on "automatically adjust closing parens" if you want, and
you can type either ')' or ']' regardless and it will insert the
appropriate paren to close the nearest enclosing s-expression.

--
Carl Eastlund