[plt-scheme] the "[" as a parenthis charactor

From: Shriram Krishnamurthi (sk at cs.brown.edu)
Date: Fri Sep 22 14:19:25 EDT 2006

On 9/22/06, Corey Sweeney <corey.sweeney at gmail.com> wrote:
> I upgraded to drscheme 352, and ever since whenever i hit the "[" as a open
> parenthisis, I get "(".  Is this a intentional change to the system
> (probably implying that the "[" char is about to start being used for
> something other then parens).
>
> I also had to upgrade X11 to version 7.0 during my drscheme upgrade,
> so it's possible that something is screwed up with my keymaps.

It's an intentional change.  DrScheme is trying to insert brackets in
the "right places" and parens in the "right places".  However, the
rules for this are not entirely intuitive, or at least not what some
(like me) would like or predict.  But your keymaps are probably fine.

To test, type

  (let ([x 3]) x)

and make sure you get brackets in the indicated places.

Shriram

Posted on the users mailing list.