[plt-scheme] scrolling, panels, and pasteboards

From: Matthew Flatt (mflatt at cs.utah.edu)
Date: Wed Sep 20 18:23:18 EDT 2006

At Wed, 20 Sep 2006 10:40:24 -0500, "Corey Sweeney" wrote:
> I have a panel that is over 5000 pixels high, and would like to make it so
> it can scroll.  While panels do not have options to scroll, canvases and
> pasteboards appear to be able to.  Would it be possible to add my panel to a
> scrolling pasteboard by writeing a snip that was the code that creates my
> panel?

I think panel-snip% --- a snip that contains a panel% --- is a good
idea, but it doesn't exist, yet.

Depending on the content of your panel, you might be able to use the
"embedded-gui" collection. Even if "embedded-gui" has the pieces that
you need, though, the controls won't look like the ones outside of a
snip.

Matthew

Posted on the users mailing list.