[plt-scheme] Re: SRFI-4 and FFI

From: John Kozak (jk at xylema.org)
Date: Mon Sep 11 04:23:58 EDT 2006

Eli Barzilay <eli at barzilay.org> writes:
>> I knocked up a quick implementation of SRFI-4 vectors as cvectors
>> and discovered that foreign.ss provides all the SRFI-4 primitives.
>> Presumably this is a bug, as the code seems to be trying not to do
>> this?
>
> No, the foreign library implements both.  cvectors are more generic
> (obviously) but just a bit slower since each one comes with a fixed
> type.

Sorry, wasn't clear enough.  I meant this behaviour (debian unstable
standard build):

  armadillo:~$ mzscheme -q
  Welcome to MzScheme version 352, Copyright (c) 2004-2006 PLT Scheme Inc.
  > (require (lib "foreign.ss"))
  > u8vector?
  #<primitive:u8vector?>

Presumably u8vector? and friends should only be defined after
requiring srfi-4?

John

Posted on the users mailing list.