[plt-scheme] Beta of game framework

From: Jon Rafkind (workmin at ccs.neu.edu)
Date: Fri Oct 27 01:27:28 EDT 2006

I have been working on a simple game framework for use with my
allegro.plt planet package, an all-in-one media library mostly for
writing games in. The framework removes most of the work in deciding how
to structure a game leaving only the most basic routines to be coded by
the user: logic and drawing. Its pretty fresh and maybe not that useful
yet but I just wanted to get it out there in case anyone has any comments.
Planet package:
http://www.rafkind.com/jon/tar/scheme/allegro/1/5/allegro.plt
Documentation: http://www.rafkind.com/jon/tar/scheme/allegro/1/5/doc.txt
Example game using this: http://www.rafkind.com/jon/tmp/simple.ss

Video of that game: http://www.rafkind.com/jon/tmp/simple.mpg
Or on youtube: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RV7ClMSOZp4

The video playback is choppy because my video capturing software is
cruddy, but on my machine the game runs very smoothly.

enjoy..

Posted on the users mailing list.