[plt-scheme] Resources in the transformer environment

From: Carl Eastlund (cce at ccs.neu.edu)
Date: Thu Oct 26 18:30:22 EDT 2006

Could you live with simply annotating the macro with the expected
columns?  Then the macro could build the class based on the
annotations rather than the database, and verify at runtime that the
expected fields actually match the table.  This would alleviate the
need for a connection at expansion time, avoid any problems with
changes to the table between expansion time and runtime, and allow you
to detect and signal any errors if the programmer expected the wrong
set of columns (rather than catching it later, at a field access).

This is, for instance, how the class macro deals with fields of an
unknown superclass: rather than trying to infer them at expansion
time, it requires an (inherit ...) clause to declare them.  It's not
the same issue, but it has a similar solution.

That's the quick, off-the-top-of-my-head answer.  If you absolutely
must get the columns straight from the database, I'll have to defer to
someone else with more macro black magic up their sleeve.

--
Carl Eastlund

Posted on the users mailing list.