[plt-scheme] symbols redefined in SRFIs

From: Jens Axel Søgaard (jensaxel at soegaard.net)
Date: Mon Oct 23 16:05:22 EDT 2006

Dan Muresan skrev:
>> There used to be a mail, says that maybe we should put these notes
>> into a more conspicuous position. Any suggestion about where the "more
>> obvious position" should be? Thanks.
>
> I have a suggetion: why not drop the standard reverse!, map etc
> bindings that conflict with SRFI-1, and replace them with the SRFI-1
> versions (which are strictly backwards compatible)? You'd save
> everybody so much trouble...

Since SRFI-1 is implemented in Scheme the SRFI-1 replace!
is slower than the builtin replace!.

And it is no trouble to write

  (require (lib "list.ss" "1" "srfi"))

And if the extended reverse! is needed, just use

  (require (lib "list.ss" "1" "srfi")
           (prefix srfi: (only (lib "1.ss" "srfi")
                               reverse!)))

This might seem like "much trouble", but when you
get used to the module system, you won't give
it much thought.

--
Jens Axel Søgaard