[plt-scheme] the "[" as a parenthis charactor

From: Jens Axel Søgaard (jensaxel at soegaard.net)
Date: Thu Oct 19 14:36:04 EDT 2006

Paulo J. Matos skrev:
> On 10/19/06, Jens Axel Søgaard <jensaxel at soegaard.net> wrote:
>> Paulo J. Matos skrev:

>> > Surely, you've never seen Portuguese keyboards... ;)
>>
>> To be fair, AltGr isn't Shift ;-)
>
> Well, I can tell you've seen one! In fact this PT keyboard is not nice
> at all. Enhances portuguese characters like ç and accents but fails on
> the other stuff (usually useful to scheme).

The guess that international keyboards usually choose the same keys
for the "national" characters were right :-)

On the danish keyboard the national characters are æ, ø and å. They
occupy the key to the right of p, and they two keys to the right of l.
The consequence is that () are moved to shift-8 and shift-9, and [] is
moved to AltGr-8 and -9. Furthermore {} is on AltGr-7 and -0. Also
some of the punctuation have been moved (e.g. the backslash). That is:
no parenthesis like characters are easy to get at.

Once upon a time I decided to buy an US-keyboard (they were
everywhere at the CS department at university). I managed to
find 1 (one) shop that were willing to sell such a keyboard.
Well, actually, they were willing to sell them, only if I
bought 10. Eventually I settled for a normal dk-keyboard.

Btw - Flatt and others - if you need an international keyboard
for testing, I'd gladly sponsor one.

--
Jens Axel Søgaard