[plt-scheme] Re: 352.7

From: Matthew Flatt (mflatt at cs.utah.edu)
Date: Wed Oct 18 02:11:54 EDT 2006

At Mon, 16 Oct 2006 10:45:10 -0700, "Joe Marshall" wrote:
> On 10/16/06, David Van Horn <dvanhorn at cs.brandeis.edu> wrote:
> > Matthew Flatt wrote:
> > > Delimited continuations
> >
> > I'd be interested to know what prompted the shift to all this delimited
> > control.
>
> It's simply a continuation of current research.  It may eventually
> have some value.

Or even spawn new research. And we'll be, er, cupto more things. (It's
difficult to reply in this thread!)

But delimited control captured my attention at this particular time
because there were three requests: one request for prompts to support
continuations in DrScheme's interaction window (it's much cleaner with
a prompt), one request for prompts to support Chongkai's embedding
application (similar to the DrScheme use, though more severe, since C
code is involved), and one request for delimited continuations to be
used in the web server.

Matthew

Posted on the users mailing list.