[plt-scheme] Change info/rollback question?

From: Matt Jadud (mcj4 at kent.ac.uk)
Date: Tue Oct 17 09:28:55 EDT 2006

Hi all,

I just updated a source tree to 352.7, and discovered several files went
away?

mcj4 at pianosa:~/svn/plt/collects/web-server/default-web-root/servlets$
planet -i schematics xmlrpc.plt 1 3
default-load-handler: cannot open input file:
"/home/mcj4/svn/plt/collects/web-server/servlet-helpers.ss" (No such
file or directory; errno=2)
setup-plt: Error during Compiling .zos for xmlrpc
(/home/mcj4/.plt-scheme/planet/300/352.7/cache/schematics/xmlrpc.plt/1/3)
setup-plt:   default-load-handler: cannot open input file:
"/home/mcj4/svn/plt/collects/web-server/servlet-helpers.ss" (No such
file or directory; errno=2)

This package checked out and ran fine under 352.5, but apparently not
under 352.7. Should I be watching a changelog that is finer-grained than
the announcements that Matthew puts out on this list? That is, if an
entire file goes missing from a collection, where is that information
noted? Or, has something gone wrong in my checkout/configure/make process?

Also, I checked http://svn.../tags, and while there are tags for "major"
versions, there apparently are no tags for "minor" versions of the tree.
It wasn't immediately obvious how I could roll my tree back to 352.5,
and run with that rev.

I only ask this because I'm trying to replicate a problem in a live
server (running PLT v352.5). I used 352.5 because I was able to use
Jay's new continuation wrangling code to kill leaks.

Cheers,
Matt

Posted on the users mailing list.