[plt-scheme] Flapjax

From: Shriram Krishnamurthi (sk at cs.brown.edu)
Date: Fri Oct 13 00:05:09 EDT 2006

Dear PLTers,

Please forgive this off-topic, seemingly-non-Scheme posting.

We're delighted to announce the release of our new programming
language, Flapjax:

  http://www.flapjax-lang.org/

Flapjax is built around the demands of modern Web applications.  It is
based on and syntactically identical to JavaScript; it can therefore
run without the need for any plugins or special downloads.

The principal features of Flapjax are:

- a templating syntax that can also be used for JavaScript
- event-driven, reactive evaluation
- data-binding to a persistent store (which we provide!)
- convenient data sharing
- access-control to govern sharing
- interfaces to external Web services

The Web site features a tutorial, several demos, extensive
documentation, and facilities to use our persistent store.

We look forward to your use and feedback.

The Flapjax Team

Posted on the users mailing list.