[plt-scheme] Using FrTime

From: Jon Rafkind (workmin at ccs.neu.edu)
Date: Sun Oct 1 15:01:53 EDT 2006

Im reading "Crossing State Lines: Adapting Object-Oriented Frameworks to
Functional Reactive Languages" by Ignatoff, Cooper, and Krishnamurthi
and would like to try out the first example but can't get it working in
drscheme 352. I chose the FrTime language and typed this line into the
definitions windows:

   (define frame (new ft-frame% (label% "Timer") (width 200) (height 80)
(visible #t)))

Verbatim from the paper( except the paper used 'true' instead of #t ).
This led to the error:
   reference to undefined identifier: new

So I did
   (require (lib "class.ss"))
But then got a different error:

   reference to undefined identifier: ft-frame%

Grepping through collects/frtime I found ft-frame% defined in
frtime/demos/gui/fred.ss.

  ~/tmp/src/drscheme-352/collects/frtime $ grep -r "ft-frame" *
  demos/gui/demo/bindec.ss:(current-widget-parent (new ft-frame% (label
"Binary<-->Decimal")))
  demos/gui/demo/timer.ss:(current-widget-parent (new ft-frame% (width
400) (stretchable-width #t)))
  demos/gui/fred.ss:  (define ft-frame%
  demos/gui/simple.ss:          (set! fr (new ft-frame%)))

If I require 'fred.ss' I get a bunch more errors which probably aren't
worth going into. Am I missing something?

Posted on the users mailing list.