[plt-scheme] Re: ssax-code.ss appears broken under 359.200

From: Kyle Smith (airfoil at bellsouth.net)
Date: Wed Nov 22 09:13:30 EST 2006

John Clements <clements at ...> writes:

> On Nov 18, 2006, at 1:30 PM, Kyle Smith wrote:
> > I'm using (planet "ssax.ss" ("lizorkin" "ssax.plt" 1 3)) version of  
> > Lizorkin's ssax package.  I just got around to revisiting a rather  
> > lengthy  piece  of  regression code that I had built up from his  
> > xml-tools-tutorial.  All of it had srfi-78 check statements that  
> > verified its proper functioning.   However, when I ran it again,  
> > for the first time under 359.200 I get:
> >
> > Error at position 3044
> > ([GIMatch] broken for  (END . syntax)  while expecting  END source)
> > uncaught exception: -1
> >
> > So I did a grep -i --recursive "GIMatch"  and got back the  
> > structure for this error message in the file lizorkin/ssax.plt/1/3/ 
> > ssax-code.ss.
> >
> > This entire regression file ran with no errors prior to installing  
> > 359.200.  I thought maybe you could take a look at the code and see  
> > if you could surmise what change in mzscheme might have broken  
> > ssax.plt.  It may affect other packages as well.
> One thought: could this be related to the recent changes to the  
> meaning of for-each?
> John Clements
> Attachment (smime.p7s): application/pkcs7-signature, 2484 bytes
> _________________________________________________
>   For list-related administrative tasks:
>   http://list.cs.brown.edu/mailman/listinfo/plt-scheme
Hi John,

Actually it turned out to be my bad.  For some unknown reason, my test XML 
document was missing an opening XML element within the body of the source.  
You see, I document my Scheme within block quotes with raw XML.  That way all 
I need to do is save it out to source.xml and pop it into Stylus Studio to 
manipulate and transform the document into whatever I want.  I use a rather 
large source.xml in my regression test for ssax/sxml, but I don't update it, 
to keep the regression test valid.  Well, it got changed somehow; probably 
inadvertently during what should have been a read-only Style Studio session.  
So, the cryptic error message makes a little more sense, but not exactly user 
friendly.  This got communicated rather quickly to Matthew, through e-mail, 
who was working on it immediately, as I wanted to save him as much effort as 
possible.  Sorry I didn't follow up on the post to the list.

Thanks for your reply,

airfoil at bellsouth dot net

Posted on the users mailing list.