[plt-scheme] transactions without SQL

From: Stephen De Gabrielle (spdegabrielle at gmail.com)
Date: Wed Nov 22 08:23:09 EST 2006

I'm fiddling with the webserver,  and I'm thinking of trying a simple
wiki, but was hoping to avoid the 'lost update problem'.  I should
work it out myself and write a little transaction manager, as this
would be a learning experience.  I know most of the time managing this
sort of thing is done by the RDBMS or [in the case of a wiki] a
version control system, but I'd rather look at Scheme code as this is
what I am trying to look concentrate at the moment.

The reason I emailed the list is I thought that this sort of thing
probably already exists in Scheme, and might be fun to look at.

[I'm also curious why the transction 'ACID' properties are not built
into PL's (that I know of).]

Please let me know if you can think of an example that I could take a look at.

Thanks

Stephen

On 11/22/06, Noel Welsh <noelwelsh at yahoo.com> wrote:
> I don't understand your question?  What type of
> transactions are you thinking of?
>
> N.
>
> --- Stephen De Gabrielle <spdegabrielle at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > Hi,
> >
> > Please forgive my ignorance, I was wondering if there
> > were any
> > libraries for the webserver/servlets that helped handle
> > transactions
> > - without making use of a database?
> >
> > Thanks,
> >
> > Stephen

> AIM: noelhwelsh
> Blogs: http://monospaced.blogspot.com/  http://www.untyped.com/untyping/

> Sponsored Link
>
> Compare mortgage rates for today.
> Get up to 5 free quotes. www2.nextag.com

Stephen De Gabrielle