[plt-scheme] function for reading text from Scheme files

From: Prabhakar Ragde (plragde at uwaterloo.ca)
Date: Tue Nov 21 20:23:27 EST 2006

replying to Danny Yoo who wrote:

>> Geb wrote a message while back asking how to get text out of PLT-enriched
>> Scheme file.  One way to do it is to use the Framework functions to get at
>> an interesting editor, and then call snip-specific methods on that editor.

It would be nice to have a way of doing this without running mred (which
Eli's script does), because that requires a connection to an X server.
We'd like to be able to translate snips, comment boxes and other
non-textual things that students stick into programs, using a script
which will run in a standard terminal window. So I throw this out as a
challenge to the community. --PR

Posted on the users mailing list.