[plt-scheme] Expand with stop-list?

From: Ryan Culpepper (ryan_sml at yahoo.com)
Date: Mon Nov 20 18:05:56 EST 2006

--- Jens Axel Søgaard <jensaxel at soegaard.net> wrote:

> Is there a version of expand with a stop-list tugged away in
> a library somewhere?
>
> I'd like to use it in the following sitation:
>
> The module B implements a "base language".
> Module A expands to constructs in B.
> It is now interesting to see what the expansion
> of A, where syntax from B is not expanded.
> [...]

You can see the result in the macro stepper by configuring the macro
hiding policy to hide only macros from B (or B and mzscheme, or ...).
See the macro stepper manual at
http://www.ccs.neu.edu/home/ryanc/macro-stepper/macro-stepper.html
for more information on configuring the macro stepper's hiding
policy.

There's currently no expand-like procedure that does that. I'll try
to write one using the macro stepper internals. Like expand-once, it
will probably not be safe to take the result of this function and
re-expand or evaluate it.

Ryan