[plt-scheme] Picture Language in SICP

From: Danny Yoo (dyoo at hkn.eecs.berkeley.edu)
Date: Sat Nov 18 21:16:23 EST 2006

On Sun, 19 Nov 2006, Joshua Ewulo wrote:

> Hello I am currently going thru SICP in my spare time and I have had
> problems with the Picture Language section in SICP. I simply cannot get
> anything to work from that section, could anyone offer my any help; I am
> using Dr Scheme v352 on Windows XP.

Hi Joshua,

There is a separate extension that should give you the picture language
primitives you need.  See the PLT port of the picture language in the
PLaNET package repository:

    http://planet.plt-scheme.org/300/docs/soegaard/sicp.plt/1/0/doc.txt

So in your own programs, the following s-expression:

     (require (planet "picture.ss" ("soegaard" "sicp" 1 0)))

should enable picture language support.

Best of wishes!

Posted on the users mailing list.