[plt-scheme] Please help test version 359.100

From: Matthew Flatt (mflatt at cs.utah.edu)
Date: Sun Nov 12 23:26:50 EST 2006

At Mon, 6 Nov 2006 10:38:53 -0600, Robby Findler wrote:
> The function for-each used to always return void. Now, it returns the
> result of calling its functional argument on the last element of the
> list.
> [...]
> I believe this change is going to be a part of r6.

After further consideration, we've concluded that this change is
pre-mature for PLT Scheme v360. After all, R6RS is far from finalized,
and changing `for-each' now is inconsistent with R5RS (I think). It's
good to know how much code would break with the change, but it's better
to not have to worry about it.

So, for v360 and in SVN now, `for-each' has been changed back to its
old behavior.

Matthew

Posted on the users mailing list.