[plt-scheme] get-module-code: cannot use extension file

From: Matthew Flatt (mflatt at cs.utah.edu)
Date: Sun Nov 12 19:28:29 EST 2006

At Sat, 11 Nov 2006 13:30:52 -0700, "Chongkai Zhu" wrote:
> When trying to create a compiled or distribution executable from Scheme code,
> I get the following error:
>
> get-module-code: cannot use extension file.
>
> Does this mean that I can't create compiled or distribution executable that
> contains  C (MzScheme Extension) code? Could anyone tell why? Will it be
> improved in the future?

Now in SVN, `mzc --exe' ignores extensions (but prints a warning) when
building an executable.

When packaging the executable into a distribution, you'll have to
explicitly include the extension.

For both of those steps, you'll have to use either mzc or the Scheme
API.

In the future, DrScheme (and mzc and the Scheme API) hopefully will
provide better support for including extensions and external libraries
in a distribution.

Matthew

Posted on the users mailing list.