[plt-scheme] "identifier used out of context" after two local-expands

From: Matthias Felleisen (matthias at ccs.neu.edu)
Date: Tue May 30 08:32:40 EDT 2006

On May 29, 2006, at 8:44 PM, Kimberley Burchett wrote:

>  This second
> approach actually works *too* well -- I can no longer tell the
> difference between an if that was inserted by the search-and-replace,
> versus one that was inserted by the expansion of some other macro.
> The two cases have very different semantics, so it is important to
> distinguish between them.

Why don't you replace the if with eff and assign some equivalent
semantics with a second macro? -- Matthias

P.S. If you are compiling, why don't you write a macro per form you
wish to compile and keep compile-time information in a variable visible
at expansion time? That's what the module system is for, now?

Posted on the users mailing list.