[plt-scheme] "identifier used out of context" after two local-expands

From: Ryan Culpepper (ryan_sml at yahoo.com)
Date: Mon May 29 18:01:10 EDT 2006

--- Kimberley Burchett <kim.burchett at gmail.com> wrote:

> I'm trying to write a macro that takes a single subform and does
> this:
>   1) expands all the macros in that subform except for one
> particular macro
>   2) recursively walks the expanded result
>   3) when the walk encounters the unexpanded macro, expands the
> unexpanded subforms.

Is your goal to treat this one macro as though it were a new
primitive syntactic form? That is, you want to expand all macros,
both outside of occurrences of "stop" and within contexts inside of
"stop" forms? If so, that's a much more difficult problem than I
thought you were describing the first time I read this.

Can you provide a little more information about what you need this
for? Perhaps there is another way to accomplish your goal.

Ryan

Posted on the users mailing list.