[plt-scheme] Wrote a prelimary xml-pulling parser --- suggestions?

From: Danny Yoo (dyoo at hkn.eecs.berkeley.edu)
Date: Wed May 17 21:29:00 EDT 2006

Hi everyone,

I was so bothered by a lack of a pull-style parser for handling large xml
files that I've cooked something up:

     http://hashcollision.org/svn/repos/projects/xml-pull/xml-pull.ss

(Dependency: this uses my generator 2.0 PLaneT package which should be up
on PLaneT soon, but until then, the package can be found in:

     http://hashcollision.org/tmp/generator.plt)

xml-pull is somewhat based on Python's "pulldom" module.  The idea is to
use SSAX to progressively do an event-driven traversal of the XML tree by
using pull-event.  At a point where the tree gets interesting, the user
can call pull-sexp to get the XML subtree at that point.  This can be very
useful if an XML ile contains a long sequence of structured items.

It's still very rough and undocumented code, but I wanted to know if
anyone else is interested in this.  I'll continue to polish this up, and

Best of wishes!

Posted on the users mailing list.