[plt-scheme] SLaTeX help requested

From: Prabhakar Ragde (plragde at uwaterloo.ca)
Date: Thu May 11 12:50:30 EDT 2006

Paulo J. Matos wrote:

> May I also suggest you to take a look at the very nice slideshow module.

I looked at it when I first created slides for the course two years ago,
but there were a number of factors that caused me to decide against it.
I wanted to include mathematics and other LaTeX capabilities, I wanted
to give presentations using Acrobat to "write" on the slides (I have a
Bluetooth drawing tablet), and I wanted to have at least an intermediate
format (LaTeX) with which other instructors were familiar.

So right now I create the slides as s-expressions in a DSL, and use
WebIt! to create, from a single source, not only the slides but
instructor notes and condensed handouts for the students. I suspect it
wouldn't be hard to add a fourth stylesheet for slideshow output, though
I don't know what I'd do about the embedded mathematics. --PR

Posted on the users mailing list.