[Off] Interchange Language was: Re: [plt-scheme] conventional syntax (was: Scheme contradictions)

From: Jim Blandy (jimb at red-bean.com)
Date: Tue May 9 13:31:06 EDT 2006

On 5/9/06, Erich Rast <erich at snafu.de> wrote:
>   Anyway, I'm neither computer nor rocket scientist and busy with my own
> work, so it was just meant as a suggestion for someone else to pick up.

If I'm understanding the suggestion, ideas like this have been around
for a long time.  People recognize that algorithms have a
language-independent character, and it irks them to tie the algorithm
down to a particular language when they feel it should be readily
implementable in any other language.  The details --- that is, the
part you're leaving to others --- are the challenge.  :)

Posted on the users mailing list.