[plt-scheme] Google SC and PLT

From: Jens Axel Søgaard (jensaxel at soegaard.net)
Date: Sun May 7 05:49:29 EDT 2006

Eli Barzilay wrote:
> On May  6, John Clements wrote:
>
>>On May 6, 2006, at 3:03 AM, Paulo J. Matos wrote:
>>

>>>How come have they been interested in LispNYC? Is LispNYC that
>>>well known?
>>
>>That's an excellent question, and the next time I apply on PLT's
>>behalf I'll try to get in touch with others that have succeeded,
>>first.  :)
>

> I think that at least in the first year it was a question of timing --
> LispNYC were on to the SC thing very early.  To have a better chance I
> think that it's best to be prepared before they open it, and mail it
> the second they do.

Heow wrote in comp.lang.lisp:

     Last year for SoC 2005 LispNYC did extremely well, grossly
     outperforming organizations far larger than us.  This was primarily
     due to the _quality_ rather than the quantity of submissions, as
     LispNYC mentored the candidates from the beginning to make sure that
     all project submissions were: gramicillay korrect, well planned and
     well thought out.

<http://groups.google.com/group/comp.lang.lisp/browse_thread/thread/b0b57a53061726c/07b45d2f5a9b145a>

--
Jens Axel Søgaard