[plt-scheme] 301.13 pre-installers

From: Eli Barzilay (eli at barzilay.org)
Date: Mon May 1 08:29:52 EDT 2006

The new installers should be working fine, after settling a few major
changes in the way collections are located.  Finish Install (in any of
its names), ./install, and the MzScheme part of the installers are all
gone.  The OSX installer is now a simple drag-and-drop, and the others
are also doing just the directory unpacking with no plt installer
part.  Also, with the PLT tree that you get from these installers, it
should be possible to move them around (modulo Start Menu shortcuts
and extension association on Windows).

Please try them out and let me know if you find any problems.

All of this is possible because of the changes Matthew talked about in
the message below, which I include in full for reference.

(Note: this is not the end of these changes, there is still some work
to do to make it possible to install PLT as a normal application on
Unix -- the function that is mentioned in the third paragraph of
Matthew's message.  When we get there, I might hack on the shell
installers so it is possible to make them do either kind of
installation, but the FHS-friendly changes are mainly aimed for
various platform packagers, and individual from-source installations.)