[plt-scheme] Re: cpe 430 : dr. scheme hand-in plugin issues

From: John Clements (clements at brinckerhoff.org)
Date: Thu Mar 30 15:17:50 EST 2006

On Mar 29, 2006, at 7:52 PM, neil souza wrote:

> dr. clements,
>
> in regards to cpe 430:
>
> the PLAI plugin installs fine on my distro, but the
> hand-in plugin fails to complete it's install and
> produces this error message when opening dr. scheme:

> load-extension: couldn't open
> "/usr/local/plt/collects/openssl/compiled/native/i386-linux/mzssl.so"
> (libssl.so.4: cannot open shared object file: No such
> file or directory)

My guess is that this does not prevent DrScheme from opening. Is this
correct?

> the file
> /usr/local/plt/collects/openssl/compiled/native/i386-linux/mzssl.so
> exists, is owned by my user and has rwx permissions
> for myself and r-x permissions for everyone else.

What about the file "libssl.so.4"?  Does this one exist in a standard
location?

> my distro is fedora 4, kernel 2.6.15-1.1830_FC4smp

Did you build from source or use one of the pre-compiled builds? My
conversations with Tom Cubanski suggested that with Fedora 4, it
might be safer to build from source.

John Clements

p.s.: forwarded without permission (sorry) to the plt-scheme list, in
the hopes that someone more familiar with the setup of linux can
provide more information.  E.G.: is this just a missing ln -s?  Is
this a misconfigured install?

Posted on the users mailing list.