[plt-scheme] Next meeting of the MSLUG

From: Neil Van Dyke (neil at neilvandyke.org)
Date: Sat Mar 25 17:50:59 EST 2006

Nicholas Chubrich <chubrich at cs.brandeis.edu> wrote at 2006-03-25T14:47:52-0500:
> whatever happened to the Boston Scheme user's group?  Of all places,
> Boston, you would think....

Other people on this list can speak authoritatively about the Boston
Scheme user group.

Bothton, the Boston Lisp announcements email list, is still around.
(Although its DNS servers have been flaky for the past few days, due to
unfortunate DDoS attacks on the registrar.  Til that's fixed, people can
email me directly if they'd like to be added to the list.)

An impression I have is that perhaps half of the Scheme enthusiasts in
Boston area are academics, many of whom already attend so many talks
that they aren't psyched about attending user group meetings.

One of the goals of Bothton is for people to publicize Lisp-related
university talks that are nominally open to the public, but that the
public usually doesn't hear about.  That's one way to get the academics,
industry practitioners (all three of them), and hobbyists together.

--
                                             http://www.neilvandyke.org/