[plt-scheme] Version incompatibilities in PLaneT packages

From: Robby Findler (robby at cs.uchicago.edu)
Date: Tue Mar 21 16:38:32 EST 2006

PLaneT could indeed act as you want, but early on Jacob and I decided
to outlaw this one and see how often it came up (this is the first
report we're hearing, FWIW).

The danger is that there is some state (often this state is in the form
of define-structs created multiple times but it could be anything) in
the module that flows from one of the instances of the module back to
the other one. Without planet, this cannot happen and we didn't want to
introduce this possibility.

Possibly this could be relaxed to only a single instance per major
version number, instead of a single instance ever.

Robby